[governance] ICANN taxes/fees

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Wed Feb 7 18:37:54 EST 2007

On 2/7/07, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law
<froomkin at law.miami.edu> wrote:
> it sound harder than it is).  The technical problem is long-solved.

I am not as sure as you are about it. But I am more interested in the
business model, not in the technical one. Technically one can probably
do anything. But running a business is not that easy, and earlier in
the conversation we talked about running a registry, which is running
a business, not running a server. Even running a server requires some
business qualities - e.g. what kind of machine to get, how to backup,
what power supply you'll need, Internet connectivity, UPS, 24x7 staff,
backup of the power supply, backup of the Internet connection, staff,
payments, social security, registration of a company, running
accounting, etc., etc. I didn't hear business arguments.

Veni Markovski
http://www.veni.com

check also my blog:
http://blog.veni.com

The opinions expressed above are those of the author,
not of any organizations, associated with or related to
the author in any given way.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org