[governance] Caucus at IGF stock taking meeting

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Sat Feb 3 12:31:47 EST 2007

Vittorio Bertola wrote:
> Jeanette Hofmann ha scritto:
>
>>>McTim wrote:
>>>
>>>A significant portion of which is already used to fund Internet
>>>Governance fora.
>>
>>Exactly, and I am just asking if the IGF could not be one of them.
>

> Just for the sake of precision, AFAIK ICANN made significant contributions
> to the funding of the IGF in Athens and of various items in the WSIS/WGIG
> process.

It did or at least budgeted one. For the sake of the IGF's independence,
  it is not a very good solution to depend on donations from
organizations  that fall under the IGF's mandate.

> About the idea of making this flow of money compulsory,

I see that, and my "refined" proposal was to apply for funding out of
the .org profits as distributed by PIR.

jeanette

I think that it

     governance at lists.cpsr.org