[governance] Statement for the Feb 13 meeting

Sylvia Caras sylvia.caras at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 12:53:53 EST 2007

I think many many components can be included under the over arching
them of access - I like Adam's underscoring.

In the disability world, and I guess other places, representatives
speak about us, without us.  So a small wording suggestion follows:

Representatives with direct experience from diverse civil society groups ...

On 2/2/07, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> "Representatives from civil society groups who
> can present a gender perspective [wording?],
> people with disabilities and experts on local
> access conditions, particularly from African and
> SE Asian regions, would be a positive addition to
> the membership Advisory Group and should be
> invited to join. IGC would be please to work with
> the Chair and Secretariat on preparing a possible
> list of names for the Secretary General's
> consideration."

> Themes:
>
> Access should be the overarching theme.

Sylvia