[governance] What Will Happen [@ NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?]

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Sat Dec 15 13:10:03 EST 2007

Ok, I understood your point.

>One can not assign "a unique ENUM" any more than one can build a home
>firewall/router and assign it unique IP address or build a mobile phone and
>at the factory assign it a unique telephone number.

My view is that Manufactures will purchase “blocks of addresses” from Nuestar,
then as Deveices are produced, each one is assigned/registered an address.

>but for mappings in which the same target "number" is mapped to different real
>targets based on the requirements of the initiating device, that gets into a
land >where "plug and play" is going to be foreign concept.

Essentially the EMUN replaces the Serial Number of the Device.
The Device has its own ‘emmbeded signature’ which is used for cross
verification,
along with the Factory installed EMUN. This makes it easier to "plug and play"
in the Market.

Life-in-the-Future Example:
Google makes the gPhone, it is manufactured with a ‘embedded signature – ID’,
and near the end of the production-line the ENUM is installed from a list of
pre-purchased addresses from Nuestar.

It’s packaged and sent off, it eventually ends up in a vending machine at San
Francisco International Airport. Soon after a Person see’s it and purchases it.

They stick their Credit/Debit card into the Machine and out comes the gPhone.

Ok so-far, so-good.

Now, at the time of purchase, either the Buyers ‘registration Information’ is
taken from their Credit Card or they ‘register’ the device later. The
registration requires the Persons’: Home Phone Number (PSTN-Carrier Info),
Billing Address, Account#, ... what ever the Purchaser wants to associate that
Device with (Business or Home) and get their Bill. The embedded signature ID
and factory installed enum are used to verify and authenticate the device with
the User.

Now we have a Device in the hands of the User, that has its own enum, it is
associated to the User’s base information.
(Maybe by then your ‘Phone-Bill’ will be consolidated: Home Phone, Business
Phone, Cell Phones, ENUM-devices ).

And , your Home Phone number will still be: 1.415 555.1212 ,
along with your .US web enumber: http://1.415 555.1212.US
(this is the Alpha Numeric expression, the Domain associated with your EMUN)
Your actual Home eNUM may look like this: 6.5.4.3.2.1.1.3.1.1 .<some designated
base>
So the normal Router assignments (addressing, firewall etc.) can be handled
with this.
And the User's Enum-Enabled-Devices (i.e.: gPhone etc.) are all associated.
In summary: One's PSTN Phone Number & ENUM become the base-referance,
to which assignemnts are made.

But of course this is handled by Nuestar’s UltraDNS Corporation, that will
host, operate and manage the DNS zone server system for all this.

All Connected, That's my Nuestar-Enum veiw of the future.
__

Nuestar:  http://www.circleid.com/members/1582/posts

--
P.S.:  Judith
>Sent via *BlackBerry* by AT&T

How is the Billing done at AT&T, is it consolidated
(Home Phone, Cell Phones, BlackBerry … Packaged)

I wonder how this backend is handled. It's probably something similar to my
explanation, only based upon associations with One’s Public Switched Telephone
Network Number	(PSTN - Phone Number).
     governance at lists.cpsr.org