[governance] What Will Happen [@ NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?]

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Fri Dec 14 14:50:59 EST 2007

Izumi,
Please allow me to put these together for you and others.
>From my perspective and looking down the road a-ways in
terms of technological evolution.

The subject elements of this explanation are:
Nuestar, Enum, DNS (.US etc. ...), and Technology in regards to Personal
Devices
(PD: Cell Phones, PDAs, PSP, PVP, iPOD, Generic... anything identified
with an assigned names and number)

In order for you to understand the relationship between DNS and ENUM, and the
consequential relationship of .US-Nuestar and ENUM-Nuestar as the Purveyor of
the ENUM DNS please read:

1. This is a simple explanation of the relationship in layman terms:
"The ENUM system effectively enables individuals, businesses and other
organizations to maximize the use of both the public Internet and the Public
Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) by associating telephone numbers with
Internet domain names. "
http://enumllc.com/aboutus.html

2. This explains and illustrates ENUMs Global deployment & expanse via ccTDL.
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/inr/enum/index.html

3. An ANNOUNCEMENT
RFP questions for clarification now due to ENUMLLC by January 15, 2008
RFP Bidders Conference, Richardson, TX on January 23, 2008
http://enumllc.com/
-
So looking down road, You will have an ENUMber. It won't be a "Telephone
Number" or a "Web Address" but an ENUMber. And any personal-device  Portable or
Stationary, Mobile or Base, will have YOUR ENUMber associated with it.
You’re Play-Station, your Cell Phone, your Desk Phone, your Car, your
Refrigerator, maybe even the family Dog will have your ENUMber address attached
to it. Your ENUMber will replace your email address. ALL your communications
can be connected through it.

Someday your ENUMber may look like this:
Tokyo: http://81.3.5555.1212.JP
New York: http://1.212.5555.1212.US
San Fran: http://1.415.555.1212.US

>Similarly, bringing the 700 MHz US domestic issue into the debate
>was not helpful at all. It is not our (direct) business, sorry.

I beg to differ, I see the US 700 MHz ‘issue’ as the model platform for the
Global
expansion of this technology.  The 700 MHz (analog) spectrum allowed the US to
have a television in every Home, some even two. Eventually every Nation in the
World adopted Television as a technological medium.

The New 700 MHz (digital) spectrum will allow the US to have not only
Television
but any number Personal Devices connect too today’s technological medium, the
Internet.

That ‘medium’ is an issue of “Assigned Names and Numbers” (icANN).
-
Now, if I'm out-here on the "Bottom" of the ALAC and not even close to the
inner-circle(s) of the Icann Committees, and I see something coming towards us,

something the Quality-Circles didn't notice, something they didn't comprehend.

Q. Am I to stifle myself and sit quite?
Q. Am I to bring it up through ranks of Icann-Q-Circles?
Q. Am I supposed to raise hell about it to get noticed?
Q. Am I to Jump Ship - Can't beat them, then join Them...

You see … Nuestar is coming, and it’s going to be a Behemoth.
Bret saw it, if you wanted to buy Xerox or Microsoft at their start,
Neustar was the Ship to set sail on.

Yes the ALAC had plenty to explore on this issue, as Danny so rightfully
pointed out.

But because the ALAC allowed this to side by with a rubber stamp, Now we don't
have a stake in it. Which means, that when we do have an issue at a later date,
it will be even harder to cover and make Stakeholder-Footing.

This is very much a Big Issue to come, For the ALAC, For Icann, For the ITU.
Get on the Boat, or your going to miss it.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org