[governance] How do we engender effective participation from developing countries (Africa)?

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 03:44:24 EST 2007

Dan Krimm

Some understanding of this policy issues stems from one's background.
You developed a rock solid case that I can only say, Amen
These are the types of enlightened views from the "West" that w from
th "East" will gladly welcome, not those distractive debates by
proponents of the old order. Globalisation and Inernet are fast
closing the gap up, you know,
Kudos
Aaron

On 12/12/07, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> On Dec 10, 2007 3:30 PM, kwasi boakye-akyeampong <kboakye1 at yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >
> > "I would rather attend a meeting of 12 people who know what they want to
> > do and are willing and able to intervene in real processes, than a
> > meeting of 12,000 people who don't and aren't."
>
> <aside>
> If this is the case, me wonders why  the IGF gets so much attention, as it
> sounds much more like  the latter group than the former.
> </aside>
>
> Anyway, the answer to the  question:
> How do we engender effective participation from developing countries
> (Africa)? is fairly simple, and can be found in many places:
> http://www.afrinic.net/training/index.htm
> http://www.afnog.org/index.html
> http://www.afrinic.net/meeting/index.htm
> http://icons.afrinic.net/
> http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/ntw.shtml
> http://www.icann.org/fellowships/terms-and-conditions.htm
> http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/fellowship/overview.shtml
> http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/cctld/
> http://ws.edu.isoc.org/
>
> In my experience all of these programs engender effective participation
> amongst Africans, none of them are just a "jolly", tho they can be lots of
> fun!
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> McTim
> $ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 50 22