[governance] What happened at the NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?

Jacqueline A. Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Mon Dec 10 08:26:03 EST 2007

That Milton, is one of the things that we have to accept in a bottom-up
process that gives the users the power. They may decide to do things that
you, me, others don't agree with. But if a lot more of them vote to spend
energy and resources for the Summit and none for the .us contract, than the
ones who vote the other way, that's the democratic process.

Can't have it both ways.

Of course, it isn't either-or - if 1 person was interested and no one else
was, there is the possibility to draft a position by oneself, and submit it
to NARALO for approval as a NARALO statement, or to ALAC - and if they don't
approve it, send it in by oneself!

That said, there's loads of discussion in the Caribbean on redelegation
issues (.bb was just redelegated to the Barbados Government) so all of the
RALOs are not focused (or unfocused) on the same issues. That's one of the
principles of the At Large - regional diversity.

Jacqueline

     governance at lists.cpsr.org