[governance] congractulations Nii Quaynor on receiving the prestigious Jon Postel Award

annan ebenezer siliconvalley2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 14:27:30 EST 2007

I stand on behalf of  the youth of Africa to congratulate you,  Dr. Nii Narku Quaynor on winning the  Jon Postel  prestigious award  of the year.
  We appreciate your consistency,struggle at building instituitions , frameworks, standard  that today, we too, can say that we are a part of the global world.
  We are not oblivious of the challenges  faced today interms of the internet penetration in Africa   but we are also  hopeful of the days ahead since  the foundation has been built for us to move on further.
  Your envious landmark spreads  across Africa  and we, the youth of Africa are proud of your bravery in the midst of challenges from within and outside of Africa.

  Our Pan African fathers like Kwame Nkrumah championed  our political freedom and you have  remained; not joining the brain- drain  to champion our presence on the information world, the internet. .This we agree have not come on a silver platter

    As an Academician- professor of computer science at University of Cape-Coast, Ghana,  founding chairman of AfriNIC, the African numbers registry,
   the convener of the African Network Operators Group (AfNOG),  Business Executive -chairman of Network Computer Systems (NCS) Ghana.COM , internet service proviser (ISP) , you have  been a  shinning role model on the land of our birth and we,  today have the course to be proud to be called Africans.
  I  must underscore here that every African  has directly or indirectly   been a recipient of your philanthropic works and we  can look into the future with hope.

  We will on this same platform appeal that the youth should be well engaged  on all multi-stakeholder  activities of the internet  to  enable us better appreciate the internet. and see it has a tool for development.

  with a standing ovation, we say again  congratulations!

  Ebenezer annang
  internet support,

  To know more about the Jon Postel award please see http://www.isoc.org/awards/.