[governance] What ICANN Do

Kieren McCarthy kierenmccarthy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 02:58:49 EST 2007

> If it is an answer it is an answer that ought to cause great concern and
> raise the question whether ICANN is on a path of reckless and negligent
> disregard for the reliable provision of DNS services to internet users.

I think I ought to make it clear that everything I say and write is the
living embodiment of ICANN the organisation.

Many mistakenly believe that ICANN is a company like any other - where
individuals bring their own particular skills, knowledge, ideas, backgrounds
and experiences to the job.

This could not be further from the truth. The first day you arrive, you are
taken to the Postel Room (oh, how he would be ashamed) where you are subject
to an intensive 36-hour brain-washing session during which all aspects of
independent thought are carefully removed and discarded.

You are then surgically enhanced with a device designed by Vint Cerf himself
that links you to a next generation network (run by the ITU) where all your
thoughts, feelings and utterances are uploaded daily from Paul Twomey's
4,000-foot yacht in the Caribbean.

It's worse than you thought Karl. Far worse.

"Faced with insoluble nonsense, you have a choice: to laugh or to cry. I
myself always choose the former" - Oscar Wilde.

Kieren