[governance] What happened at the NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?

Danny Younger dannyyounger at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 16:56:07 EST 2007

Kieren,

I'm interested in your comment:  "It cannot stop spam"

I recall that the revised .xxx application in appendix
S contained language allowing for rapid take-downs.
Certainly provisions in new gTLD contracts could allow
for the rapid takedown of domain names  that are used
in conjunction with unsolicited bulk/commercial
emailings.

ICANN has the means to act; it just doesn't have the
will or sense of responsibility to act.

regards,
Danny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_development_environment