[governance] What happened at the NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Wed Dec 5 12:57:31 EST 2007

Absolutely, there should have been some reciprocal consideration between the
ALAC & RALO, a 'test' of oversight.

>ALAC is required to do what the RALOs want.
>If the RALO doesn't want it, then ALAC isn't
>required to do anything.

The ALAC should not just take the RALO's word for it.
That's the rubber stamping.

>The ALAC may come up with something and send it down to the
regions and say - hey - this is interesting and we think it might be
something that At Large might want to weigh in on...
Is this what you think should have happened for this US issue?

Yes, and Danny raised that red-flag.

> Given that it was raised by a US an to the NARALO, which didn't choose to
take it up as a cause, is that a failure of the system? Or showing the
strength of the system?

It show what the system is, for what it is, a centric-loop.
Ret.: Where do you get	- the bottom up effect?
Because We can't find the way in.

-

> What does the failure of this list (not affiliated to ICANN in any way
officially, far less At Large) have to do with the AtLarge structure being a
failure or ALAC being a failure?

We are the 'concerned citizen' (Netizens) of the net,
by Society & Profession (CPSR),
Gardians of the Net.
We are the One who have to do-the-work with the 'stuff' that delivers the Net.
We're the ones who get paid in Rouble & Rupies not Dollars to deliver the Net.
We're the ones that see a World in decline, and see the Net as a way to change
that direction.
We're the ones who see beyond our own lives, and envision the future of our
children.

We are the ones who want to make a difference.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org