[governance] What happened at the NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Wed Dec 5 01:22:29 EST 2007

Simply,

Icann's Alac/Ralo system is just a placebo, my post was to illustrate for
the General Manger (Kieran) that participation in the 'ground-up" position
with Icann's system dose not work.

And I would also add that Danny Younger was the GM's chosen example of how a
person 'participates'.

-
Basically it shows the powerlessness of the User(s).

This was a done-deal, done long ago, and those on the ALAC who were to
safeguard our interest and also 'safeguard the process'
... were not there. Danny was basically told; 'Talk-to-the-Hand.'

--

>how do you tie spectrum allocation food fights up with
>ICANN politics?

The Nets' next Wave - the 'wireless wave' will be a paramount paradigm shift.
Television's paradigm nexus, wasn't because it delivered pictures & sound,
it was because it was 'wireless' ... un-tethered ...  you could get it almost
 anywhere.

To quote the article:

...Some consumer groups have called the auctions the "last, best hope" for a
third pipe that competes with cable operators such as Comcast and DSL and
 fiber-based providers such as AT&T and Verizon Communications. ...

*** for a third pipe ***

The Third Pipe:
That 'pipe' is going to grow into the largest flow of traffic yet to be seen.
It will reach the very edges, of each human hand.
THIS was not something to let side by.

You tell me, In any part of the World today: How many Mobile Cell Phone Vendors
do you see? pushing the gambit of mobile-devices & plans …
Yea you bet their coming out your ears, and they all need a share of “spectrum
allocation” too access “ip-base-content”. And we haven’t even begun to see the
number of un-tethered-mobile-devices, yet to come. So long as they operate
mobile-to-base or mobile-to-mobile there will be an IP NetPlex.

You don't need any imagination to see that.

--
Note to Danny,	Your the Man
     governance at lists.cpsr.org