[governance] Re: IG questions that are not ICANN [was: Irony]

Jacqueline A. Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Sat Dec 1 20:34:54 EST 2007

There is some cross-boundary cooperation, but it isn't easy. There are some
bilateral agreements (for example between Trinidad and Tobago and the UK and
also with the US ) that allow for co-ordination and cooperation in certain
instances, but some in the local Police complain that the processes are
unwieldy.
I do agree that there needs to be more than simple government to government
cooperation. But governments are vital, in that they are the ones who can
sign agreements that are binding, they can amend laws that allow for
cooperation (and that is important with regard to evidence, with regard to
what is allowed in different jurisdictions, such as methods of data
gathering).
Jacqueline

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
21:26