[governance] Re: ccTLDs and developing countries

Phil Regnauld pr+governance at x0.dk
Mon Aug 6 18:46:50 EDT 2007

McTim (dogwallah) writes:

> Well, I'm trying to understand what ccTLD is about and why we should take
> > the management of the local ccTLD more seriously.
> >

> Think of a ccTLD as a customised license plate for a car.  It's not
> essential to the design or operation of the vehicle.  It's a vanity thing.

	You mean that: having ccTLDs, which allow citizens, residents and
	businesses of a country to register domain names within a legislative
	and political framework that may be more favorable to them, than a gTLD,
	(where UDRP will ensure that large corporations can force you to
	relinquish your domain if they believe they own the trademark to
	it) and *possibly*, at a cheaper price -- is a vanity thing ?

	Oh my, I am so looking forward to the argumentation to support that :)
     governance at lists.cpsr.org