[governance] Re: ccTLDs and developing countries

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:08:30 EDT 2007

Kwasi,

On 8/6/07, kwasi boakye-akyeampong <kboakye1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Stephane,
>
> You probably didn't get what I was trying to put across. In Ghana, Accra
> is the hub of IT. If this small IT community (who tend to know each
> other) did not know that there was an ICANN meeting going on, then something
> is fundamentally wrong. US is a very huge country yet most IT community
> members would be aware of the upcoming ICANN meeting

I would dispute this assertion.

though they may not be necessarily interested. Accra is a very small
> geographical area.

 <snip>

Well, I'm trying to understand what ccTLD is about and why we should take
> the management of the local ccTLD more seriously.

Think of a ccTLD as a customised license plate for a car.  It's not
essential to the design or operation of the vehicle.  It's a vanity thing.

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim