[governance] Proposal for the 23rd May IGF consultationand advisory group meeting please

yehudakatz at mailinator.com yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Fri Apr 27 12:23:37 EDT 2007

Hello Parminder,

You asked of us a direct question, no-one gave you a straight-forward answer,
here I offer mine.

Best Regards

--

Re:

Four such topics were suggested:

(1) Global public policy for the Internet-- do we need it, who does it and
what is it?

Answer:
Do we need it? Yes, so that “Real-World IT Matters” can be: Administrated,
Adjudicated, and Addressed.

Answer:
Who does it? It is performed under the color of a Social Contract, and
exercised by the People.

And

Answer:
What is it? An environment wherein;
All life is created equal
A Due-Process of Law is provided
and therein
A Duty to abide the Law

(2) ICANN - the original idea, its evolution and its role in the
emerging context.

Answer:
The original idea; An Administrative prophylaxis (prophylactic) for:
IT-System DNS Distribution
Commercial Development
Intelligence Gathering/Collecting
Information Dissemination/Distribution

And

Its evolution and its role in the emerging context.

Answer:
To engage IT-System DNS Distribution in a technical capacity and refine it.
To disengage from:
Commercial Development
Intelligence Gathering/Collecting
Information Dissemination/Distribution

(3) What is it at global policy level that really impacts access to Internet,
and through it to the knowledge commons, of disadvantaged People/Groups.

Answer:
The ‘Global-Economic-Structure’ and its weighted-inequity, that; creates,
impacts, and maintains a cycle-of-poverty for an under-class of; Humans,
Animals, and Plants
(Life forms in general).

As a result ‘access to Internet’ information when available is of low priority
to distressed; Individuals, Communities and Governments, when ‘basic’ Maslow
needs are dire.

It is here were IT can help-itself by providing the requisite information for
survival.
Refugees don’t need ‘iTunes’, they need to be ‘in-Tune’, with the knowledge
skills that raise the conditions of life around them, so that their Community
can support the necessary Library Resource.
(Come far enough, so they can support a local Digital-Library how ever
primitive, it’s up to ‘We Privileged Individuals’ to provide a constructive &
efficient means for them)

The content of that Library needs to be constructive to needs and protective of
exploitive commerce that deviates the Community from progressive growth.

(4) Mandate and Role of IGF (and/or application of WSIS principles in extant
IG structures).

Answer:
Just do it, the conditions of the Planet are far to grave to sit on your ass.
Talk is no longer cheap, it is costing all-of-us our lives.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org