[governance] Proposal for the 23rd May IGF consultationand advisory group meeting please

DRAKE William drake at hei.unige.ch
Thu Apr 26 08:52:46 EDT 2007

Hi Parminder,

Parminder wrote:
>>Does the first one refer to public policy vis. names and numbers?  If so,
>>perhaps the first two could be folded together.
>

> No, it refers to the more general public policy space about Internet issues
> that has been discussed often times on this list.. and of course including
> names and numbers (EC, FC and all such concepts refer to this space)

Sorry, I'm still not following.  On what specific issues & institutions
within that more general space are these pressing and unresolved
questions people should fly to Rio to address: "do we need it, who does
it and what is it"?

I also don't understand the formulation, "EC, FC and all such concepts;"
"such" implies equivalence, but these seem like apples and oranges to
me.  And the apples would presumably be on the table in a session about
ICANN, whereas the oranges are nowhere near being ripe and ready for
mass consumption in a plenary.

Maybe you could write some text clarifying what you're suggesting we
propose here?

Thanks,

Bill
     governance at lists.cpsr.org