[governance] Internet Governance Debate (Silence and Fatigue)

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Sun Apr 22 18:33:06 EDT 2007

At 18:37 4/22/2007  +0200, Jovan Kurbalija wrote:
>You are right that IG is no longer on the radars of governments worldwide
>(if it ever was). There are many reasons for this. First--and the most
>important--is that the world has changed substantially between 2003, when IG
>was put on the WSIS agenda, and  2007.
[cut]
>What can we learn and conclude from this, in particular with regad to IGF
>2007? Shjuld we support the silence? Is there space for discussion? Any
>direction?

Hi, Jovan!
Well said!
There's always space for discussion, and we may wish to continue to
be involved in such discussions.
I love participating in constructive discussions. What bothers me are
people who come into the discussion with an opinion on the topics we
are supposed to discuss, and that makes the discussion impossible.

Veni Markovski
http://www.veni.com

check also my blog:
http://blog.veni.com

The opinions expressed above are those of the author,
not of any organizations, associated with or related to
the author in any given way.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org