[governance] RE: [NA-Discuss] ALAC and NCUC

David Goldstein goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 21 04:18:01 EDT 2007

I totally agree with Dan here. McTim is wrong.

There is no practical way on earth that everyone can or will participate in discussions on internet governance. Sure, they may be welcome too, but they won't no matter what. They have other priorities - families and work for example, then there's lack of interest and lack of knowledge.

You may well want a utopia McTim, but we also have to deal with reality. Your reality will never happen.

But what needs to happen is to get the best representation from as broad a cross section of people as possible.

Cheers
David