[governance] RE: [NA-Discuss] ALAC and NCUC

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 01:45:31 EDT 2007

On 4/21/07, David Goldstein <goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> This is unrealistic McTim.

How can current reality be unrealistic?? That's nonsensical to me.

There is no way everyone with an interest in the future of the
internet would ever get involved.

But they can.  Why build structures to "represent" them, when all one
needs is outreach to give them the choice?

I'm sure you and everyone else on this list have an interest in how
the roads, public transport, hospitals, health systems and education
works, to name just a few. But it's highly unlikely you'll ever be
involved in more than a couple, if any at all.

Each individual can pick and choose what areas of policy to get
involved in.  There is no requirement to be involved in any (or
multiple). Internetworking is not like other commons/utilities of a
nation state because it is transnational.

> So when anything to do with IG is concerned, the concerns and desires of everyone who uses the internet should be considered wherever possible.

What makes you think this is not happening now?  Come and play in the
(current) sandbox, it is infinitely large and has toys for all!

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim