[governance] RE: [NA-Discuss] ALAC and NCUC

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:51:47 EDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Michael Gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dan,
>
> You say, which I agree with that what we are really talking about is
> some form of "political representation" (and if you want to know my
> "agenda", it is that I believe that the broader societal influence and
> significance of this form of political representation is likely to
> increase very dramatically in the not too distant future and that if it
> continues to be the more or less exclusive preserve of a very clubby and
> socially narrow set of techies then there will be all hell to pay...

Soooo, what if everyone who was interested joined the techies lists and
went to those meetings?

Would there still be a need for reform?

Wouldn't a situation where all Internet Users could represent themselves
if they wanted to, be the best of all possible worlds?

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim