[governance] RE: [NA-Discuss] ALAC and NCUC

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Thu Apr 19 13:30:38 EDT 2007

Lucy Lynch wrote:

> Actually, an internet "user" can be a thing (think sensor nets) and
> may very well be at the far edge (last hop) of the network.

Personally I have trouble with considering mechanical entities as
"users".  It would be akin to saying that automobiles (as opposed to
their drivers) are of the highways.

Again my personal opinion - I focus on natural humans as the atomic unit
of interest on the internet.  A sensor net ought not, in my mind, to be
considered a user in the context of internet governance, but each person
associated with that net would be.

	--karl--

     governance at lists.cpsr.org