[governance] .xxx. igc and igf

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Wed Apr 18 10:42:54 EDT 2007

At 10:22 4/18/2007  -0400, Wendy Seltzer wrote:

>Neither is disparaging the contributions of those who spend their time
>trying to improve ICANN structures by criticizing them.
>
>Are you saying that only the long-timers who still have positive things
>to say about the organization are worth listening to?  Based on my
>experiences, I'd be most inclined to discount those comments that don't
>recognize and try to account for the current model's failings.

Wendy,
when I was saying "I've deserved", I didn't mean the time I've spent
on the Board (of which Adam quite successfully noted that it took 50
% of my time, and only I know what problems it caused me; I am not
complaining, I am stating facts). What I meant was that - unlike many
of the critics - I've managed to do something in Bulgaria, with
regards to building the legal framework, dealing with IP/DNS. So far,
I've seen only people who say that ICANN needs improvement. Well, I
believe that in many cases people need improvements, too. And one of
them is to send constructive criticism, and not just criticism for its own.

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org