[governance] .xxx. igc and igf

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Wed Apr 18 09:44:51 EDT 2007

At 17:53 4/18/2007  +0900, Adam Peake wrote:
>>Veni Markovski wrote:
>>
>>>It's time that we just stop paying so much attention to the people
>>>who complain all the time, and instead focus our attention on the
>>>people who constructively contribute.
>>
>>I really do hope that the way I read your words in English is not
>>reflective of what you intended to express.  The sentiment conveyed
>>by those words in English can readily be constructed as casting
>>aspersions upon all of the people, including myself, who worked so
>>hard for so many years and met with nothing but ostracism,
>>rejection, defamatory statements, and even unlawful acts.
>

>Isn't the reverse equally true. People who have worked hard for many
>years only to be met with insult, have their motives questioned, law
>suits, etc etc.
>
>Board members contribute around 17 hours week to ICANN. Many GNSO
>council members probably as much. ALAC and ccNSO perhaps a little
>less (a little less...more than a day/week!) When have we ever seen
>anyone say a positive thing about any of them.
>
>It's amazing that an organization based on the good will of
>volunteers continues to survive.

It's not amazing, Adam.
That's life. Regardless of what people complain about, life takes
place, while they are complaining. I still ask each of the people who
complain here: what have you done in your own country with regards to
the Internet governance - IP address allocation and Domain Name
System. And I quickly add: I've done my homework in Bulgaria, let's
see what you've done. Because it seems some of the people complaining
are good in theory, but have never implemented that theory to real
conditions. It's one thing to say what you want to do, it's different
to be able to do it, and it's even more different to actually do it.

Veni Markovski
http://www.veni.com

check also my blog:
http://blog.veni.com

The opinions expressed above are those of the author,
not of any organizations, associated with or related to
the author in any given way.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org