[governance] .xxx. igc and igf

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Wed Apr 18 09:38:30 EDT 2007

At 22:28 4/17/2007  -0700, Karl Auerbach wrote:
>Veni Markovski wrote:
>
>>It's time that we just stop paying so much attention to the people
>>who complain all the time, and instead focus our attention on the
>>people who constructively contribute.
>
>I really do hope that the way I read your words in English is not
>reflective of what you intended to express.  The sentiment conveyed
>by those words in English can readily be constructed as casting
>aspersions upon all of the people, including myself, who worked so
>hard for so many years and met with nothing but ostracism,
>rejection, defamatory statements, and even unlawful acts.
>
>Even Sisyphus got tired of rolling that boulder up that mountain
>every day just to watch it roll back down every evening.

Karl,
I certainly do not want to say that you, or people like you, should
be met with unlawful acts. I just want to start a new page, as the
old pages we are all reading here, do not contribute to the problems
we all face.
There's SO much history among the people on this list, that it is
-  in certain cases - counter-productive. Instead of finding
solutions, we see new problems being developed. That's why I want
something new. And that's why the old history in this situation is
not good. Each of us has contributed to ICANN, to the global
Internet, to the Internet in their own countries (well, may be not
all of us, but still, many). But he problems we face today have not
many things in common with the history. I am trying to be part of the
solution, and would expect everyone to be like that. If someone is
constantly being part of the problem, or part of the landscape, I
believe I have deserved the right to note that this is not helping.

Veni Markovski
http://www.veni.com

check also my blog:
http://blog.veni.com

The opinions expressed above are those of the author,
not of any organizations, associated with or related to
the author in any given way.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org