[governance] .xxx. igc and igf

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Apr 12 23:00:53 EDT 2007

>>> LMcKnigh at syr.edu 04/11/07 11:46 AM >>>
>Agreed, a workshop or really a workshop and a plenary discussion on
>ICANN Evolution at IGF II is  needed.
>
>Doesn't directly affect the continual internal reorgs ICANN is going
>through, as it should, nor obviate the need for broader participation
>within iCANN whihc  Vittorio is reasonably calling for, but provides
>second still broader venue for this debate - and maybe -
>recommendations.

An IGF workshop on unifying civil society actors across different IG
institutions, including ICANN, is a great idea, Lee. And Jacqueline was
suggesting a regularly scheduled joint NCUC/ALAC/civil society meeting
as part of the ICANN meeting as well. Not too early to begin planning
for the Puerto Rico meeting, in late June.

Parminder raised some important questions about ICANN which I hope to
respond to later.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org