[governance] .xxx. igc and igf

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Tue Apr 10 18:57:23 EDT 2007

Parminder ha scritto:
> Before addressing your question

But please do...

> Since when have we begun to take note of resistance of any organization
> before discussing it at IGF or elsewhere.

Oh well, mine was just a honest opinion. You are free to ignore any
resistance and discuss future arrangements for ICANN at the IGF.
However, unless the scenario changes and a certain number of governments
(the same ones that acted so that the "enhanced cooperation" was agreed
in Tunis as a separate process than the IGF) recognize the IGF as a
venue for that discussion, whatever is held there will just be a moment
of entertainment among ourselves. In the meantime, a number of
discussions are already going on at ICANN, so chances are that by the
time you finally have that discussion at the IGF, ICANN will already
have devised plans of its own for its revised institutional
arrangements. This is why I thought to suggest you to show up at the
President's Strategy Committee sessions at ICANN meetings instead - I
think that it might be a more effective way to contribute to that
discussion.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------