[governance] Where are we going?

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Mon Apr 9 03:30:13 EDT 2007

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law ha scritto:
> But why, in this case, is that position (whether "ultra-liberal" or as I
> would say, rather conservative) a bad one?  Isn't decentralized decision
> making (subsidiarity) a Good Thing in this (and most) cases?

It's difficult to talk about structural principles, because you can turn
them around however you like to support your position - for example, one
could say that subsidiarity is better achieved by not adding a label at
the central level, so that each country can decide whether to add it -
and, if desired, push or force content into it - at its own
decentralized level.

I'm not sure that there is any way to make this any different than a sum
of individual judgements by a set of people from diverse social and
political backgrounds, at least until we peacefully convince everyone to
agree on a certain approach.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------