[governance] Where are we going?

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Sun Apr 8 19:33:48 EDT 2007

I don't understand what is meant below by "ultra liberal" but it seems
to imply "extreme".

But the more "radical" view, in my opinion, is that one community should
be able to prevent the lawful speech of another community.  That is the
position which blatantly diverts from centuries of freedom of expression
jurisprudence, most notably Art. 19 of the UN Universal Declaration of
Human Rights (and national protections like the US Constitution).

Why should legal standards for freedom of expression be violated in the
ICANN context?

Robin

     governance at lists.cpsr.org