[governance] Where are we going?

shaila mistry shailam at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 13:01:05 EDT 2007

Hi All

  This issue has caused major disagreements at home and divorce may follow shortly!!!.

  I would like to write a major symposium on this analyzing intellectually my reasons , but I don't have the time.There are universally acknowledged evils such as violence and porn.We should not be afraid of being stake holders for what is ethically right. Arent we mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters first before anything ? As such shouldnt we  protect the basic safety of "peoples" before we indulge in allowing some their esoteric freedoms.

  Shaila Rao Mistry
  President
  Jayco MMI
  California

Avri Doria <avri at psg.com> wrote:

On 6 apr 2007, at 10.10, Bertrand de La Chapelle wrote:

> 1) the Board's decision on .xxx was only refering to the GAC's
> Communiqués and not to the GAC new gTLD Principles :
> - these Principles were only adopted in Lisbon and are intended to
> apply only to future calls for proposals (this is explicitedly
> mentionned in the text)
> - the decision regarding .xxx was - and had to be - in relation to
> the initial call for proposals as far as the sponsorship criteria
> evaluation was concerned.

the board decision was taken the day after the principles communiqué
came out and the principles were quite specific (as you said) about
applying to all decisions made after the communiqué was released.

of course i do not know whether the board took the communique into
account during their end stage deliberations, but i would very
surprised if they hadn't. i am not sure i see where they responded
to them in the decision.

governance at lists.cpsr.org

  conventional wisdom ?..... takes you some of the way...
  challenge assumptions !!....... GO all the way !