[governance] Where are we going?

Tom Vest tvest at eyeconomics.com
Fri Apr 6 11:20:21 EDT 2007

On Apr 6, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Izumi AIZU wrote:

> I also think "bottom up consensus" in a community usually means that
> if there is very strong opposition/dissent from some
> communities/stakeholders remains, in good faith, then even that is a
> minority, we should respect that and not take decision based on simple
> majority even though the majority could not accept with the reasons
> given from the minority.

Hi Izumi,

Without commenting on this particular issue, your suggestion runs
afoul of the same kind of infinite regress that Milton recognized a
couple of days back. If one assumes that Milton is also speaking for
a "minority of stakeholders" who strongly disagree with the latest
decision, how do you reconcile the conflict?

TV

     governance at lists.cpsr.org