[governance] Statement for the Feb 13 meeting

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 08:46:58 EDT 2007

>From John's rmarks and a cursory look at the names, one can easily
make that not all regions are represented. It appears like it was
getting 5? resource  persons to which the 5 aptly qualify, than having
representatives of regions.
No one will doubt that the outcome of a meeting of resource persons
and that of representative cannot be the same.

So there is need for some clarification here

Warm regards from a very hot Cameroon

Aaron

On 4/2/07, John Mathiason <jrmathia at maxwell.syr.edu> wrote:
> In this case, the five regions are those that are used for elections
> purposes (Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Eastern Europe, Latin America and
> the Caribbean and Western European and Other States).  This is how Bureau
> seats and other membership allocations are made.
>
> Regards,
>

> John R. Mathiason
>
> Adjunct Professor of International Relations
>
> Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
>
> Syracuse University
>

> On Apr 1, 2007, at 18:42, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
>
> Avri Doria wrote:
> hi,
> yep, i was wrong.
> as far as i can tell
> there are only UN 5 regions (a difficult concept for me)
>
> Although there are six regions for other UN purposes (Africa, Asia, Europe,
> Latin America and the Caribbean, Northern America and Oceania), the Regional
> Commissions are divided differently: North America and Oceania are dropped,
> and Asia is split into "Asia and the Pacific" and "Western Asia".
>
> So do you know which AG members are/were the regional representatives?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
> Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
> host -t NAPTR 1.0.8.0.3.1.2.9.8.1.6.e164.org|awk -F!
> '{print $3}'

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President