[governance] Antispam practices

Phil Regnauld pr+governance at x0.dk
Sat Sep 23 12:44:40 EDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 01:47:32PM +0200, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
> But I do not support the idea that there can be
> self-appointed sheriffs of the Internet, that can in fact block (censor)
> your bits according to any policy they like.

	As you point out yourself later, they may pretend to be sheriffs, but
	they don't make the "law@". Nobody forces anyone to use blacklists,
	it's just stupid that some ISPs use rogue/aggressive blacklists.  It
	says more about the ISP, and a good hint that you should not buy their
	service.

> I should have the right not to be blacklisted if I didn't do anything.
> If blacklist managers can't handle the operational requirements to do
> so, then please don't run a blacklist.

	The responsibility is not there, unfortunately.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org