[governance] Recommended Panelists for Athens

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Sep 6 08:26:34 EDT 2006

<I am on contract to the IGF secretariat this week.  This email is
related to that task.>

Hi,

For the past few days, Markus has been in the process of collecting
recommendations for potential panelists for the main sessions of the
Athens meeting.  As he was going through the list, he noticed that
there were few known civil society names on the list.  He suggested
including the names of those who had been nominated to the MAG but
not chosen for the MAG to the list of potential panelists.  I thought
this was a good idea since these people had been chosen by our nomcom
for participation in the IGF.

Creating this list of possible panelists is part of an ongoing
process and advisory group members are expected to make their own
additons to the list at the meeting.  Please feel free to send
further good suggestions for panelists on the main themes of
Openness, Security, Diversity and Access to the CS colleagues in the
MAG.

Note: The full list of recommended panelists still needs to be
discussed by the advisory group and choices will be made later - so
being included on the list is only a first step in the selection
process.

thanks
a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org