[governance] National vs. International was Re: Program for IGC at IGF

Qusai Al-Shatti qshatti at safat.kisr.edu.kw
Thu Oct 26 22:33:14 EDT 2006

Dear All:
The discussion within this thread indicates that IG is a global issue in the first place and a national issue in the second place. Currently most of the attention is given to the International level were most of our effort have been directed. Yet, we need to make sure that at national level public policy related to IG should comply fully with what is agreed on internationally and that should be through multistakeholder participation. We need to deal with borders and sovereignty as long as there are countries! Many countries (especially developing countries) view IG as and International issue only while on national level it is a matter of resources management. This is why we should focus some of our attention in IG to national.

Regards,,

Qusai Al-Shatti

 --- Message Header ---

The following message was sent by "Parminder" <parminder at itforchange.net> on Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:42:43 +0530.