[governance] IGF website for online interaction

kierenmccarthy at gmail.com kierenmccarthy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 12:45:48 EDT 2006

I've built a highly interactive and super-featured website precisely for online
interaction over the IGF next week and I want to give you all the URL so you
can check it out.

http://igf2006.info

The site contains all the relevant information about the Forum, full details of
all the meetings and workshops, their times, people, locations and so on.

But most importantly you only have to sign up (all you need is an email
address, you can use a pseudonym) to get full interaction. You get your own
blog immediately where anything posted gets gathered and posted on the site
(and I will be the person reading out interesting blog posts to the meeting at
large), and you can add forums, chatrooms, plus pages, events, wikis, and so
on.

It has been designed with maximum interaction in mind, so I really hope you'll
check it out and find it a good place to share ideas and discuss what's
happening online.

My hope is that it the site will prove useful enough for the online
collaboration element to be written into future IGF meetings and so something
more substantial than what I've knocked up in the past month gets created. But
to even get there what it needs is useful people with good idea, suggestions
and questions.

Any questions or queries, email me either on igfadmin at igf2006.info or my own
address kieren at kierenmccarthy.co.uk - or, preferably, stick a comment or a
question on the site itself.