[governance] Caucus Statement: another proposal

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Thu Oct 26 11:46:10 EDT 2006

klohento at panos-ao.org ha scritto:
> Just to make a small correction:

Apologies, I must confess that I missed that. That makes things somewhat
better, though it does not solve my concerns on that point completely.

> Another reality is that the IGC caucus (even though the most relevant from
> a thematic point of view) is not the only CS grouping that can send
> nominations...

This is another point that we should discuss with all other CS
groupings. We should find a way to work together at least on these
procedural points, otherwise, if we stand divided, it will be easier to
ignore even the (many) points on which we agree. For example,
appointment of delegates should be something on which we should find a
way to have just one inclusive process whose outcome is acknowledged by
all civil society groups. It might come with time, if we work to that
effect.

On the other hand, diversity is never bad, so there's nothing wrong in
putting forward multiple suggestions either. I just think that this
makes it easier to ignore them all altogether.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org