[governance] Caucus Statement: another proposal

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Thu Oct 26 04:19:04 EDT 2006

Jeremy Malcolm ha scritto:
> May I then, Parminder and Vittorio, publicise Vittorio's most recent
> draft of the version the three of us contributed to
> (http://igfwatch.org/petition) more widely in an attempt to gain support
> for a unified position from civil society, though not from the IGC?
> Please let me know within a few hours as I depart for Athens today.

I don't really mind whether it's my text or Bill's, but I do think that
we can try to call consensus on a caucus document (initially I thought
the opposite, but, as someone pointed out, the Charter is already
approved, so we have means to take decisions). We could make a 48-hours
consensus call as stated in the Charter, and if no one objects we could
release the statement as a caucus document. If there are substantial
objections, however, we might fall back to a sign-on petition to be
circulated in Athens. Does this look like a good plan?
     governance at lists.cpsr.org