[governance] Caucus Statement: another proposal

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Wed Oct 25 05:31:22 EDT 2006

William Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's Wednesday and IGF attendees are presumably traveling Saturday-Sunday,
> so the time frame is very short.  If the 50 + people who signed the caucus
> charter want to agree a caucus statement we'll have to move pretty quickly
> to get rough consensus or do a vote.  At present the response level to the
> various proposals doesn't seem promising...

I'm travelling tomorrow (the only flight I could get), but as long as it
isn't preposterous, I'll agree to anything for the sake of having *some*
uniform civil society statement/petition/manifesto/whatever in time for
the IGF, and I would recommend the same course to others.

>> Finally, can we stick this up at igcaucus.org (even if it has a "DRAFT"
>> label on it)?
>
> Well, Vittorio hasn't indicated that he's withdrawn the language he's
> proposed, so you can't replace that with this.  You could post them both as
> options a and b or something if you like.

Well I'll stick yours up at igfwatch.org/statement (contact me for a
username and password to edit it if you want them, otherwise I'll make
updates as they happen), but if either of them becomes an official IGC
document then it should be moved to igcaucus.org, yes?

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
     governance at lists.cpsr.org