[governance] National vs. International was Re: Program for IGC at IGF

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 24 02:39:48 EDT 2006

Avri Doria wrote:
> in many localities, the cheapest access, is that provided by the
> community for free.
Touché.
How can we feed this in the access session of the IGF?

> i do not beleive  any
> of them will give up their greed, corruption or nationalist  interests
> without the pressure that can only be generated  internationally.
Question (not rethorically, not meant to defend national regulation):
How do we fend off greed, corruption or particularist interests on the
international level?

> I tend to think that you are tilting that balance very much in the
> business oriented direction.
To you as well as to Parminder for his last post: I love to see these kind
of views views on this list. It's really refreshing.

R.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org