[governance] New French Govt ICANN GAC/ Governance Rep.

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Mon Oct 23 12:57:18 EDT 2006

Avri:

To be honest, i don't really know what - if anything - the CSB is doing
these days. Personally, i think it's a defunct body that needs to be
killed and reconstituted with a new mandate given the new reality of the
post-wsis environment we find ourselves currently in.

I've called for that process to start - but, entrenched CSB members seem
to be content in keeping a platform to use for their own personal agendas.

So what to do? What to recommend to the governance caucus... well, first
it should vote on if the CSB is a valid structure to participate in, and
if that vote turns out positive, then, and only then start a nomcom process.

Thus the question - what is the mechanism  that  needs to triggered to
start a discussion on the IGC position on the CSB...

regards

Robert

     governance at lists.cpsr.org