[governance] Ottawa Alternative Telecom policy forum

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Mon Oct 23 10:13:48 EDT 2006

Copy of the text from my recent blog posting on the topic. Please visit
the URL below for details on the websites and/or blogs mentioned.

http://wsis.civiblog.org/blog/_archives/2006/10/23/2439269.html

I had the pleasure of chairing all of the sessions of the alt.telecom
policy forum held in Ottawa this past weekend.

It was a great meeting, and a multi-stakeholder meeting at that - having
key people from Academia, civil society, Government, as well as the
internet business sector. The conference proceedings were webcast and
archived using KNET's Breeze application.

Michael Lenczner , Alison Powell, Stephane Couture, Sascha Meinrath and
Ross Rader blogged from the event. I do recommend reading their comments.

The timing of the event couldn't have been better, coming days before
the IGF. I will look for ways to bring ideas from the Ottawa event to
Athens, and see what collaborations can be developed with key players.

So all in all a great event, one that I hope people reading this list
will want to know more about.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org