[governance] Updated draft agenda for igc at igf

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Mon Oct 23 05:35:22 EDT 2006

Adam Peake ha scritto:
> If it were up to me, I'd offer space in these rooms to any workshop
> organizer (there will be about 30 separate workshops in all.)  They'd
> have a few tables and chairs set apart from others in the room so people
> who were interested in their workshop could drop by and chat about next
> steps.  We need to start thinking of ways to use Athens to spark an
> ongoing dialogue.  This is the best I can come up with.

Actually, you might try to orient workshops to that end. The secretariat
could ask all workshop organizers to come up, after their workshop, with
a suggestion on how to work on the matter between Athens and Rio. You
could then use that session to give two minutes to each workshop
organizer (2 * 30 = 60) to report on how the workshop went, and which
steps forward are planned. You could even add more 2-minute reports on
issues that weren't addressed at any workshops but on which people would
like to start multistakeholder efforts (but you should ask people to
request a slot by the day before, otherwise the floor line will fill up
quickly). Then, all interested stakeholders could join the efforts they
are interested in (or let the uninteresting ones die by resource
starvation).

Alternately, you could do all of this on Thursday afternoon, as the
"emerging issues" session, if the youth one folds (I see no program yet).

Another useful thing you could do in Athens (or we could do, if the
secretariat doesn't), is to collect email addresses for subscription to
a moderated announcements-only multistakeholder mailing list, meant to
announce all initiatives for online work or offline meetings on specific
matters between Athens and Rio. The point is that efforts are legitimate
only if all stakeholders are invited to them.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org