[governance] Program for IGC at IGF

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Oct 20 15:19:00 EDT 2006

The draft agenda is now linked from the related activities page of the
IGF site <http://www.intgovforum.org/IGF_Platform.php>

1:30PM to 3PM, Monday October 30, Kleoniki Room (B).

That's the mid size workshop room.  Takes about 150 people.

I think the agenda avri drafted is a fine beginning.  We've got to
involve more people and a meeting on the first day, when I think we
can expect a bunch of people who weren't involved in WSIS, WGIG and
the rest, is an ideal opportunity to re-launch the caucus pretty much
in the spirit of the new charter.

We will have from 1:30 to 3PM.  That is 90 minutes.  It's not very much time.

for what it's worth...  In 9 days about 1000 people --government
delegations with ministers, civil society, business, international
organizations-- will join a major multi-stakeholder event. A brand new
thing, not be tried before.  Four days of meetings.  Main sessions
chatting on for three hours at a go, and for much of the time three
parallel workshop sessions.  How long has it taken to organize this
large, not always wanted, pretty much unfunded, multi-stakeholder
event?

And the idea for it came from a few members of *this* Internet
Governance Caucus.

Be Happy.

Adam
     governance at lists.cpsr.org