[governance] Program for IGC at IGF

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Oct 20 08:02:56 EDT 2006

On 20 okt 2006, at 13.35, karen banks wrote:

>> - Setting the context: WSIS, the IGC and how we got to the IGF (15
>> minutes)
>>     Presented by former IGC coordinators Adam and Jeanette
>> - Status of the IGC today (10 minutes)
>>     Presented by transition coordinator - Avri
>> - Update from MAG and SAG members on IGF AG activities (10 minutes)
>>     One or two of those nominated by the IGC
>
> what is the SAG? special advisors group?

yep.  will spell it out.
btw, keeping the draft on line at:
http://www.igcaucus.org/agenda-igc-at-igf.html

needed to have something on line so the room could get scheduled.
will change it as it changes.

> and, what would this update focus on..  how the whole thing's
> worked? process, challenges etc?

basically.  why they did what they did?  did they succeed at doing
what they felt they should have done?  I don't know.

>> - Q&A with MAG/SAG members (20 minutes)
>>     Will try to get as may of them on stage for the Q&A
>
> there could be a lot of questions.. might it be worth gathering
> some before hand online so that the lucky seleted folk can prepare?
> might also help in preparing for the update above..

could be.  people can start posing them on line.  though i expect a
more impromptu sort of setting.  and they should know the answers
anyway.

(my two questions are listed above)

>> - Brief overview of CS organized workshops and the goals for the
>> workshops (2-5 minutes each)
>>     CS Workshop organizers
>
> hmm.. wondering if we really need to do that - considering time is
> short - and i imagine there will be a lot of workshops..

not that many that are CS initiated.

> what about if we put together a document that contains brief
> overviews of all CS intiiated workshops, post it here, plenary -
> maybe it can go on the IGF website - and people can have that to
> hand when they come to the meeting? (well, if they print it out,
> which they should!)

well if we list the workshops, they can get the official write-up - i
will include the links in the agenda.

> it would be good to hear from workshop organisers - but i think it
> would also be good to see if we can't draw out some issues that are
> of interest and priority to CS participants - that can be fed into
> the main sessions during audience participation etc?

good idea.  how do you propose we do that?

> i've been struggling to think of ways we can co-ordinate a broader
> strategy (i mean, broader than just our individual workshop
> endeavours) - to hold everything together?

i really think this will come later - i.e., this is what we have to
do after the meeting when everyone is trying to decide whether it was
a success and trying to figure out where we go from here (there).

> i know's there a huge diversity of perspective and i am in no way
> suggesting that we try to come up with common points/issues for
> interventions etc. but, it would be nice to hear, in one place,
> what people might be taking into the open sessions, and what they
> hope to get out of workshops, potential collaboration/initiatives
> etc.. rather than focus on content of the workshops perse)

well if we only cover the CS initiated sessions, we may have time for
some dialogue.

> sorry - a bit long-winded..
>
> thanks for pulling it together avri

thanks.  once Adam mentioned asking for a room did not seem to be
much choice other then to try and organize it.

a.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org