[governance] Program for IGC at IGF

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Fri Oct 20 07:35:08 EDT 2006

hi

>Proposed Program for IGC at IGF
>
>This program is intended to introduce and reintroduce the Civil
>Society Internet Governance Caucus to the participants at the IGF.
>We discuss the origins of the caucus, it current status and the work
>being done by caucus participant in planning and organizing the IGF
>meetings and workshops.

sounds good..

>- Setting the context: WSIS, the IGC and how we got to the IGF (15 minutes)
>     Presented by former IGC coordinators Adam and Jeanette
>- Status of the IGC today (10 minutes)
>     Presented by transition coordinator - Avri
>- Update from MAG and SAG members on IGF AG activities (10 minutes)
>     One or two of those nominated by the IGC

what is the SAG? special advisors group?

and, what would this update focus on..  how the whole thing's worked?
process, challenges etc?

>- Q&A with MAG/SAG members (20 minutes)
>     Will try to get as may of them on stage for the Q&A

there could be a lot of questions.. might it be worth gathering some
before hand online so that the lucky seleted folk can prepare? might
also help in preparing for the update above..

>- Brief overview of CS organized workshops and the goals for the
>workshops (2-5 minutes each)
>     CS Workshop organizers

hmm.. wondering if we really need to do that - considering time is
short - and i imagine there will be a lot of workshops..

what about if we put together a document that contains brief
overviews of all CS intiiated workshops, post it here, plenary -
maybe it can go on the IGF website - and people can have that to hand
when they come to the meeting? (well, if they print it out, which they should!)

it would be good to hear from workshop organisers - but i think it
would also be good to see if we can't draw out some issues that are
of interest and priority to CS participants - that can be fed into
the main sessions during audience participation etc?

i've been struggling to think of ways we can co-ordinate a broader
strategy (i mean, broader than just our individual workshop
endeavours) - to hold everything together?

i know's there a huge diversity of perspective and i am in no way
suggesting that we try to come up with common points/issues for
interventions etc. but, it would be nice to hear, in one place, what
people might be taking into the open sessions, and what they hope to
get out of workshops, potential collaboration/initiatives etc..
rather than focus on content of the workshops perse)

sorry - a bit long-winded..

thanks for pulling it together avri

karen

     governance at lists.cpsr.org