[governance] Main sessions @ IGF

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Wed Oct 18 15:33:14 EDT 2006

> Civil society
> has a reputation from earlier consultations for being particularly
> guilty of this (perhaps unjustly?)

Very unjustly, in my opinion. There are some long-winded people there,
true, but there are also long-winded government representatives. The
impression I got at the first IGF consultation was that some governments
got impatient because there was no "single" voice for "civil society."
Which reminds me of a famous saying of Attila the Hun, who is said to
have wished that humanity had a single neck so that he could cut it more
easily.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org