[governance] Caucus meeting in Athens

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Tue Oct 17 08:06:51 EDT 2006

Vittorio Bertola wrote:
> Adam Peake ha scritto:
>> Whoever considers themselves coordinators, get coordinating please :-)
>
> You know, that might be an empty set! :-) Anyway, I would suggest that,
> if possible, we keep the two things parted.
>
> One might be a short and small coordination meeting among the current
> caucus members, where we discuss practical issues such as the election
> process (and candidates, if you like) and a possible process statement
> to be given afterwards in the plenary (which should, anyway, be first
> drafted and discussed on list).

Hi, my experience with "short and small coordination meetings" of the
caucus as part of a bigger event going on at the same time are not very
good. The typical caucus members are between 30 and 60 minutes late or
don't show up at all. Instead many curious newcomers attend who
typically come only once. Between third and half of the meeting time is
spent on introducing the people in the room. After that, some will leave
again because of other commitments...
The attendance of caucus meetings is rather unpredictable, the bigger
the overall event, the less predictable it is. I don't meant to complain
(or at least not anymore), I am just saying we should be realistic about
our expectations.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org