[governance] Explanation for just resending my last three list posts

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Mon Oct 16 20:17:47 EDT 2006

I've only just been informed (thanks Michael) that my posts to the list
have been coming up blank (for some? all? recipients), so that's why
I've just re-sent them.  Please ignore them if they are duplicates for you.

The reason must be that they are digitally signed, however it is poor
design of the mailing list software and/or the MUA for it to cause
digitally signed mail to come up blank.

I was already aware of, and had blogged about
(http://jeremy.malcolm.id.au/?page=journal&sub_page=archive&display=0000000048)
the problems that Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express have when people
try to reply to digitally signed email, but the blank messages seem to
be a separate issue.

As a work-around for now, I won't sign my mails to the list.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
     governance at lists.cpsr.org