[governance] The vote for coordinators and call for nominations

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Mon Oct 16 06:49:28 EDT 2006

Hi Avri,

> From: Avri Doria <avri at acm.org>

> There are several ways one could go about it:
>
> A. elect both in one vote.  I.e., give everyone two votes and deem
> that the person with the most votes is elected for 2 years and the
> one with the second most votes is elected for 1 year.
>
> B. hold two separate votes, one for the 1 year term and one for the 2
> year term.
>     B1. hold these votes simultaneously
>     B2. hold these votes sequentially
>
> A is easier, but B gives us a better chance at achieving a balance.
> A and B1 are quicker, but B2 gives the greatest choice.

Since this won't be resolved prior to the IGF and we're not doing anything
there under the caucus' name, time would not appear to be of the essence.
As such, it's probably better to take the time to get it right, and B2 would
seem the best way to ensure balance (I'm not clear on whether it would
increase choice per se...).

BTW, speaking of Athens, presumably we should have a caucus meeting, but I
don't recall seeing any discussion here of when/how etc.  Since everyone's
schedules are probably filling up, it might be good to decide this sooner
than later.  A priori, one would think that lunchtime on the 31st is the
best window of opportunity, since there are lunch workshops on the following
days.  Make sense?  Do we need to ask Markus for a room, or can we assume
there'd be a suitable space we could simply occupy in the plaza?

Best,

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org